Monday, May 16, 2016

Top 10 Cutest Girls Of Spring 2016


Yooooo, what's up party people? We're almost halfway through 2016 and I'm sure you all know what that means -- it's time to once again rank the most desirable 2D girls of the season! WOOOOO! In all honesty, though, this might be the all-around cutest anime season in quite some time. This, of course, means the countdown was particularly hard to put together. That being said, I think the ten girls that actually made it in are some of the cutest, most memorable ones yet.

In previous installments of this series, I have limited the amount of characters per show that can make it onto this list. This time, however, I don't care. I thought it would be wrong to discriminate against cuteness just because of other cuteness that would make things seem more varied. So, in theory, every single girl on this countdown could be from one series now. Will that happen? Absolutely not. But it COULD.

Anyway, I am ranking the girls based not only on their appearances but their personalities, voices, etc. Because of this, I obviously can not incorporate girls from series that I have not seen. So don't yell at me if I omit your favorite girl. Or do yell at me. I don't care.

LET'S GO!



10) Chinatsu Kuramoto


Anime: Flying Witch
CV: Eri Suzuki

I knew Chinatsu would make it into this countdown as soon as I watched the first episode of Flying Witch. Not only is she the epitome of an adorable imouto, she's absolutely hilarious. If you've watched any of the series so far, you'll be well aware that Chinatsu's facial expressions boost the enjoyment level of the series up a good six or seven notches almost every time she shows up. PLUS, she totally rocks the overalls. Only the best, most seasoned imouto are able to pull off overalls. Being the perfect image of purity, Chinatsu easily makes it into this countdown.



9) Ruri Hibarigaoka


Anime: Anne Happy
CV: Haruka Shiraishi

The only things you really need to know about Ruri are that she wears a rabbit costume this one time (Pictured above) and that she is in love with a sign. Like, literally in love with a sign. She keeps a picture of it with her at all times. I don't get it, but it's adorable. Also, look at how nice her hair is. You see it, right? On top of being the best bunny girl of the season and having the hair of a Loreal model, she's the best friend someone could ask for. She's actually such a great friend that she'll even let you borrow her bunny ears when you don't have any of your own. 10/10 Would date.



8) Mashiro Munetani


Anime: HaiFuri
CV: Lynn

Originally, Mashiro was my favorite girl of the season. Even though she's slumped down to eighth place (Probably the result of not receiving the screen time she deserves), she still holds first place for "Best Eyes." Look at how red they are. It's crazy. Also, she has a stuffed shark toy. If watching her hug it doesn't melt your heart then you don't have a heart in the first place. Shiro is the rightful captain of the Harekaze and had the position wrongfully stolen from her for reasons unknown. Hell, her entire bloodline has been raised as Blumers (If you haven't watched HaiFuri, you will have no idea what I'm talking about) and I have complete faith that she will be one eventually as well...assuming her bad luck doesn't get the best of her. Easily one of the cutest boat girls of the season.



7) Mayoi Ayasato/Maya Fey


Anime: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
CV: Aoi Yuuki

Honestly, I didn't expect Mayoi to make it into this countdown at all. Prior to the anime, I was pretty unfamiliar with Phoenix Wright apart from just recognizing what characters were from it. In the past, every time I saw Mayoi I thought, "Wow, what a weird looking girl." But it all makes sense now. In just a few episodes, she started growing on me. A lot. In fact, she's really the only reason I'm still watching the Ace Attorney anime. Her overall energy and ability to make any situation seem "not all that serious" is not only a helpful ability to have in the courtroom but an absolute delight to watch. I ship Mayoi x Pheonix harder than any other couple this season. The only thing I ship more is Mayoi x Me.



6) Mei Irizaki


Anime: HaiFuri
CV: Atsumi Tanezaki

There are three things that determine how cute a girl is: Their ponytail, their hair accessories, and how much they like torpedoes. Mei here covers all the bases flawlessly. Not only is she the cutest girl on the Harekaze, she also has perhaps the most entertaining and bubbly personality out of all of them. It didn't dawn on me until an episode or two into the series, but Mei was easily my favorite out of the boat-girls. It might just be the hoodie, though. I seem to have a weakness for girls that wear hoodies -- especially ones that have animal faces or ears on the hood. (This becomes even more apparent later on in the countdown). Either way, Mei is one of the greatest parts of HaiFuri and hearing her talk about shooting everyone is always a blast. No pun intended.


5) Maimai


Anime: Mayoiga: The Lost Village
CV: Ayaka Shimizu

Originally, I hated Maimai. I thought she was super mean and just flat-out stuck up. That all changed when I realized she was just tsundere. Now, I think Maimai is one of the cutest girls this year. Whenever she lets her guard down and her dere slips out, I have to remind myself that she isn't even my favorite girl in Mayoiga. BUT, during those brief dere-fueled moments, she becomes best-girl. Also, I'm a huge fan of the whole long-sleeves/shorts/stocking combo. I would totally hang out with Maimai in real life. How dare that one dude totally screw her over. What a jerk. How can you say no to this girl? Bonus points awarded for excellent usage of the color purple.



4) Akane Segawa


Anime: Netoge: And You Thought There Is Never A Girl Online...
CV: Inori Minase

Woo, another tsundere. I actually only started watching Netoge after seeing pictures of Segawa. Before that, I didn't really have any interest. (Though, I'm not quite sure why considering it almost directly tailors to me). But anyway, if you couldn't tell from the blonde twintails, Akane is super tsun and it's absolutely adorable. My biggest weakness in anime lies in the tsundere, and obviously, I'm going to give Akane bonus points for directly mimicking what I want out of a waifu. Plus, that skirt. UGH. She probably knows more about computers than I do. She could probably even out DPS me. Maybe. I don't know. Either way, I'd raid [with] her any day of the week.



3) Futaba Odagiri


Anime: Sansha Sanyou
CV: Mai Kanazawa

LOOK AT THE LITTLE HEART SIGN SHE'S DOING WITH HER HANDS. HOW MUCH DOES YOUR SOUL SHATTER KNOWING THAT A CREATURE AS ADORABLE AS FUTABA ODAGIRI WILL NEVER EXIST IN REAL LIFE? HOW MUCH DOES IT HURT TO KNOW THAT YOU WILL NEVER EAT BREAD TOGETHER? WHAT DOES IT FEEL LIKE KNOWING THAT NO ONE WILL EVER MAKE A HEART SIGN AS PURE AND INNOCENT AS THIS ONE TO YOU? SHE WILL NEVER BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND BECAUSE SHE ISN'T REAL. IT HURTS, I KNOW, BUT WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS TOGETHER. FUTABA I LOVE YOU. HELP.



2) Lion


Anime: Mayoiga: The Lost Village
CV: Hiromi Igarashi

Those socks. Those legs. Those eyes. That hoodie. Lion is a 10/10 in every way, shape, and form. Mix that with the fact that she can [probably] see dead people and you have one of the cutest damn anime girls ever. Like seriously, dude. Look at those legs. They're perfect. Not to mention that she's a total badass and doesn't even talk to anyone most of the time. She's terrifying...but she's also adorable. How do you even do that? Is that even allowed? LOOK AT HER LEGS. *Clears throat* Lion may not have come out victorious in this countdown, but that is only because the ranking is sorted by more than just physical appearance. If I was going to award one of the girls in this list for "Most Physically Attractive," Lion would easily win. It wouldn't even be a contest. LEGS.



Spring 2016 Champion: 1) Chidori Takashiro


Anime: Kiznaiver
CV: Yuka Terasaki

Yeah, Chidori is basically perfect. I've mentioned before that red hair and red eyes are basically traits that lock girls into "Top 10 Cutest" positions for me, but Chidori would honestly be up here even if it wasn't for that. The fact that she is trying SO HARD to show Katsuhira how she feels is enough to make her one of the most precious anime girls of the year. At so many points, Chidori breaks out into full-on deredere mode and what does she get for it? Nothing. NOTHING AT ALL. This poor girl is pouring her fragile little heart out and SHE GETS NOTHING. It's almost painful to watch. OH, AND she has the fashion sense of a god. I'm not talking high-fashion here, I'm talking what I'd imagine my waifu wearing. Chidori literally took a glimpse into my brain, saw all of the outfits I pictured, and was just like, "Yeah, I can wear that." Even though she isn't tsundere by any means, Chidori may just make it into my top 10 girls of all time. That is damn impressive. Do you know how many non-tsun girls are on there? Like two. Needless to say, Chidori here is the culmination of so many different things that make not only myself but millions of others fall in love. As I've said before, she's basically perfect.

And there you have it, everyone. The 10 cutest girls from the past three months. Feel free to change your desktops, wallpapers, etc.

See you again at the end of next season for another "Cutest Girls"

Feel free to browse the rest of FandomPost while you wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment