Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Top 10 Cutest Anime Girls Of Winter 2017


Greetings and salutations, avid readers. Now that we've passed the halfway point of the season, it's finally time to take all of our newly obtained waifus and rank them from cute to cutest! As you may or may not know, I do something like this every season because, frankly, what else do I have to do with my life? I apologize in advance if some of your favorite characters didn't make it onto the list but I can't watch everything, you know? Regardless, I'll try to keep this countdown as diverse as possible so no one throws anything at my house.

Girls will be judged based on not only appearance but personality, voice, and random other aspects that make them adorable.

Let us begin!



10) Sucy Manbavaran


Anime: Little Witch Academia
CV: Michiyo Murase


Okay, so 'cute' probably isn't the right word to describe Sucy. She's more of a mysterious, somber-type character that speaks to me and many others on more levels than anyone ever. She's not your run-of-the-mill anime girl, which is even more impressive considering she's surrounded by them in a show comprised almost entirely of rambunxious little witches (Hence the name of the series). There is never a dull moment with Sucy is around as she easily serves as a driving force compelling many to continue on with the show.



9) Kon Tatsumi


Anime: Urara Meirochou
CV: Kaede Hondo


You know, I didn't really expect to care much for Kon when I started Urara Meirochou (Which can also be referred to as 'That one show this season that no one is watching'). But after a couple episodes whizzed by, I realized that she was indisputably the best girl in the series. And a lot of this stems from the fact that she's the only one in the entire Urara group that isn't completely out of her mind. In fact, Kon is one of most level-headed loli's out there, already having her future planned out for years to come...even if that future seems incredibly lackluster. Oh, and that look at that ribbon. Come on, you know you love it.



8) Matome Mayonaka


Anime: Akiba's Trip The Animation
CV: Rie Takahashi

If you've read any of my other 'Cutest Girls' countdowns, you'll probably remember my affinity for red hair. But when that hair starts to glow? Oh man. Plus, Matome kicks ass. Not only is she a complete badass but she's super tsun as well and that's another trope right up my alley. The fanservice and the fact that she's voiced by Rie Takahashi (Best girl IRL) only add to the fact that she's the trump card in Akiba's Trip and I would easily give away my humanity to hang out with her every day.



7) Tooru Miyamae


Anime: Seiren
CV: Shino Shimoji

I had a feeling Tooru was going to be my favorite Seiren girl the second I saw the opening for the first time. When she was finally introduced along with the fact that she's a hardcore gamer, my love for her immediately skyrocketed. Tooru is such a great character because she seems realistic -- one of the key components to Seiren. The only unrealistic part is how she swarmed to such a beta protagonist so easily. Regardless, Tooru's character is endearing from start to finish and is one of the very first to stand out for me in these Amagami-type shows.



6) Serika Onoe


Anime: Chaos;Child
CV: Sumire Uesaka

There's a certain air of mystery to Serika that, for some strange reason, oddly attracts me to her. At times she can seem super carefree and just moments later she'll transition into a girl who's just straight up unsettling. No information about Serika is revealed in the first several episodes of Chaos;Child apart from the fact that she is somehow connected to Takuru's past. Either way, she works this mystery into her favor and, thanks to an absolutely adorable character design, she has earned her spot in this countdown.



5) Aki Adagaki


Anime: Masamune-Kun's Revenge
CV: Ayaka Ohashi

Here is an example of a character I knew I would love right off the bat. Twintails, check. Tsundere, check. Ribbons, check. Despite being such a bitch all the time, Aki has a plethora of traits that breathe life into her character, culminating in a final product that no one can resist. Well, at least those of us who can deal with the neverending barrage of insults that comes along with pursuing her. Poor, Masamune. We all know you're going to fall in love with Aki, too.



4) Koyuki Hinashi


Anime: Fuuka
CV: Saori Hayami

Let's get one thing straight -- I was team Fuuka for more than half of the anime. It wasn't until a week or two ago when I finally came around and decided that Tama-chan was clearly the best girl. Her and Fuuka have a lot of parallels when it comes to their characters, but do you know what Koyuki has that Fuuka doesn't? The childhood friend trait. And not only is she a childhood friend, she is a childhood friend that has been in love with the protagonist for literally ever. In fact, she loves him so much that she actually became famous BECAUSE OF HER LOVE. Tama-chan would easily make the best girlfriend on this list out of anyone. End of story. Oh, and Saori Hayami.



3) Hinae Arimura


Anime: Chaos;Child
CV: Suzuko Mimori

On a strictly visual level, Arimura wins this countdown hands-down. Even with me not typically being a fan of blondes, Hinae is strikingly adorable and only becomes more attractive when her weird, psychic side comes out. I'm learning this season that I really do love ribbons because I think a lot of my attraction for Arimura comes from those colossal bows holding her twintails in place. I feel like dating Arimura would be absolutely terrifying, even without taking her power into consideration. Like, I feel like I'd need to ask for permission to do anything. Is it weird if that makes me like her more?



2) Megumin


Anime: KONOSUBA Season 2
CV: Rie Takahashi

You knew it was coming. This is Megumin's second appearance in a best girls countdown of mine (The first of which was Winter 2016 where she lost to Saya Endou and Kayo Hinazuki respectively). This time around, however, Megumin has earned THE POWER TO LOVE. It's clear that the Megumin x Kazuma ship is beginning to set sail and I have first class tickets. She's just as rambunxious and adorable as always AND NOW she even has a cat! If Megumin keeps this up, she may one day take first place after all. Also, congratulations to Rie Takahashi for her second character on this list. I'm not playing favorites, I promise.



Winter 2017 Champion: 1) Sanae Ebato


Anime: Scum's Wish
CV: Haruka Tomatsu

Ecchan is an example of a character that gets better and better each time you see her. Being head over heels for best friend, Hanabi Yasuraoka (Yes, she is a girl and this is a 100% yuri pairing), we get to witness just how much Ecchan's affection tears her apart from the inside out. With Hanabi already being romantically involved with her [fake] boyfriend, Mugi, not being able to see her love realized becomes borderline unbearable to watch, ultimately culminating in Sanae accepting that she is only good to be used as an item. Having so much pent-up emotion crammed into one adorable and endearing character (ALSO NOTE: Red hair) is a surefire way to claim the number one spot. This is the easiest decision I have had to make in quite a while.


And there you have it, everyone. The 10 cutest girls from the past three months. Feel free to change your desktops, wallpapers, etc.

See you again at the end of next season for another "Cutest Girls"

Feel free to browse the rest of FandomPost while you wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment